What is Phab?
Phab is a National Charity providing social activities for people with and without disabilities, supported from a Head Office In Surrey, Croydon. Phab achieves this through a nationwide network of around 150 Phab Clubs throughout England and Wales for all age ranges offering social activities and holidays.
Phab’s aim is to promote and encourage people of all abilities to come together on equal terms, to achieve complete inclusion within the wider community.
National Phab established in 1957 celebrated 60 Phab years in 2016 (Diamond Jubilee) and supports a network of over 150 clubs throughout England and Wales.
Phab National website: www.phab.org.uk
To view Phab Clubs in your area, follow this link
Phab National North West Representative is
Rebecca Hargreaves, National Project Manager
Tel: 01254 824784 Mob: 07875 140898
When was Phab formed?
Phab was founded in 1957 resulting from a young disabled man, called Terry Rolfe, saying he wanted “Opportunity and not Pity”.
Who supports Phab Nationally?
The Actress Anita Dobson who starred in Eastenders has been appointed to succeed the late Ed Stewart as President of Phab. Anita Dobson is married to Brian May a founding member of rock band Queen.
What Phab Does Nationally – for Phab Clubs:
- Produces an online guide for anyone who is thinking of starting or is already running a Phab club
- Provides Regional Officers to assist set up new clubs and provide advice and support to established clubs
- Organises national and regional events for Phab club members
- Provides some administrative support to Phab Clubs
- Provides auditor for club accounts
- Negotiates club insurance
- Produces a twice yearly newspaper (KIT – Keeping In Touch) Spring and Autumn
- Provides specially equipped and fully accessible holiday units at an award-winning beach site in Dorset at affordable weekly rates – for more details Click here
- Funding residential breaks – inclusive experiences for children and young people with and without disabilities sharing in a full range of adventurous outdoor activities. These activities are at fully accessible activity centres offering specialist tuition
- Supports fundraising activities
- Provides web space and common address for club websites